Buy a Business
Be Your Own Boss – Buy a Business in Thunder Bay
This is the perfect time to realize your dream of entrepreneurship.
Many reputable, profitable businesses are available to be purchased as owners are seeking to retire and are looking for the right person to take over.
Buying a business has a number of advantages over starting a business from scratch. Buyers enjoy an established client base, established cash flow, a proven track record, established senior management, existing processes and an record of past business profitability. The risk of taking over a business is much lower when compared to the risk associated with starting a new business.
The Business Immigration and Investor Program allows a qualified applicant to enter Canada as a Permanent Resident by purchasing or investing in a qualified Canadian business.
The Thunder Bay business community is friendly and welcoming. Plus, of course, you can enjoy an unparalleled quality of life here while operating your new business!
Grow your business here and grow your life here. Enjoy this vibrant city with easy access to nature and your favourite kind of recreation. Go To Thunder Bay. For Life.
Businesses for Sale
Find businesses for sale in the Thunder Bay area:
- CEDC List of Businesses Currently for Sale
- CEDC Register Your Business Search
- Immigration Northwestern Ontario
- Look For a Franchise
- Succession Matching
Local Legal and Accounting Firms
- CPA Canada – Use this website to find accounting firms in Thunder Bay
- Thunder Bay Law Association– Use this website to find lawyers in Thunder Bay who specialize in Corporate and Commercial Law.
Online resources on buying and selling a small business
- A Comprehensive Guide to Buying a Business in Canada
- BDC – Are you ready to buy a business?
- Cando Immigration - Foreign Investor Program Information
- Financing a Business Guide
- Key Questions and Issues When Purchasing a Business in Canada
Thunder Bay Economic Data – This interactive website includes data on demographics, labour force, tax, quality of life, housing transportation, education, companies and utilities.
Thunder Bay Community Profile for Investors – This PDF provides demographic and economic information about doing business here.
Buy or Sell a Business in Thunder Bay
Is it time to exist your current Business? Selling is better than closing down. Learn more about how to value your business, structure a business exist strategy and connect with potential buyers. Get confidential advice from professional advisers. Participate in CEDC's business success matching program.
For more information, download BUY OR SELL A BUSINESS IN THUNDER BAY brochure.
Would you like to buy a business?
Would you like to sell your business?