Learn in Thunder Bay
Start Your Next Adventure by Learning in Thunder Bay
The City of Thunder Bay has an engaging and innovative learning environment with a wide range of options for students of all ages: Public, private, elementary, high, French language, Native language, college, university, law school, medical school, training programs and continuing education programs are all available.
For school age students, Lakehead District School Board and the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board create a welcoming setting for those in elementary and secondary schools. The French school board, Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Aurores boréales, offers both an elementary and a high school in Thunder Bay, as well as six additional schools throughout the Thunder Bay district. Native Language classes where students learn Ojibwe dialects from Northern Ontario are available. Further, specialized programs are available for Indigenous students and students with special needs.
Post-Secondary students have their choice of a wide range of diploma and undergraduate degree programs. Confederation College offers career-focused education programs, from apprenticeships to diplomas, degrees to post-graduate certificates, continuing education and part-time studies. Lakehead University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs including medical and law degrees. With smaller class sizes students thrive in learning environments with truly engaged professors. More about post secondary education.
Training and Continuing Education
There are many co-operative education programs, apprenticeship programs, adult education and online learning opportunities. The City of Thunder Bay also offers numerous arts, cultural and recreational programs for residents of all ages to develop new skills, whether that's for career growth or just for fun.
Live here, learn here. Be surprised by the beauty, unique lifestyle and learning opportunities. Go To Thunder Bay. For life.
Educational Resources and Programs
- Aboriginal Education at Lakehead District Schools
- City of Thunder Bay Recreational Activities
- Community Arts & Heritage Education Project (CAHEP)
- Confederation College
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Aurores boréales
- Contact North
- Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School
- First Nation, Metis and Inuit Education through Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
- The Forest School
- Independent Learning Centre
- Kingfisher Outdoor Education Centre
- Lakehead Adult Education Centre
- Lakehead District School Board
- Lakehead District School Board Child Care Program
- Lakehead University
- Special Education at Lakehead District School Board
- Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
- Thunder Bay Christian School
- Thunder Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre - Anishnawbe Skills Development Program
- Thunder Bay Public Library