Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners are an invaluable piece of the healthcare system, working on the frontlines to administer and evaluate treatment. In Thunder Bay, there are plentiful employment opportunities for nurses in the hospitals, as well as long-term care and private sectors.
Programs in nursing (RN, RPN, and NP) are available in Thunder Bay through Lakehead University and Confederation College. RNs, RPNs, and NPs in Ontario must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario. If you are a nurse who has not completed training with one of CNO’s approved programs, the College will assess your education to determine if it is equivalent to that of an approved program.
Nurses in Thunder Bay are well compensated and enjoy a as well as short commutes and all the stress-free convenience that comes with a relaxed lifestyle. Learn more about living, working, and academic opportunities in our community.
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions
- City of Thunder BayLong Term Care – Pioneer Ridge
- Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
- Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General – Thunder Bay Jail and Thunder Bay Correctional Centre
- ParaMed Home Care
- Plan A Long Term Care Staffing and Recruitment
- St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG)
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre (TBRHSC)
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
- More careers as a Registered Nurse (RN)